Tadd Smith (Chairman)
Jeff Finnen – (Vice-Chairman)
Mike Old – Trustee
Kathy Deehr – KathyDeehr@berlintwpohio.com
Full-time Assistant Road Maintenance Worker
We are currently accepting resumes for this position, please feel free to e-mail a detailed resume to any of the Trustees at the email addresses listed above.
***Important*** Please see the job description below and make certain that you qualify, PRIOR to submitting your resume.
Road Department Maintenance Worker
This job is a public service job based in trust, credibility, and competency. It is a critical requirement of this position that the incumbent display the desire and ability to perform and carry out their duties in a manner that does not damage or endanger the loss of trust with the public, co-workers, and other public safety forces. The employee must be able to perform various physical labors, including but not limited to hauling, cleaning, shoveling, and painting. Must be able to operate a variety of heavy equipment including, dump trucks, front end loaders, backhoes, road mowers, lawn mowers, snow plows, salt spreaders, chain saws, weed eaters, and other equipment, including tools necessary for the everyday operation of the township.
- Maintain township roads, right of ways, and drainage to assure safe use by the public.
- Repair and maintain township facilities including but not limited to garage, fire houses, cemeteries, and parks.
- Perform routine maintenance and minor repair work such as lubricating and cleaning job related vehicles, machinery, tools and equipment.
- Perform any additional duties directed by the Road Superintendent or Township Trustees.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Possess a valid Ohio Drivers License.
- Possess a valid Ohio Commercial Drivers License.
- Have thorough knowledge of the operation and maintenance of job related vehicles, machinery, tools, and equipment.
- Able to understand and follow oral and/or written instructions.
- Able to be called out on other than normal working hours and to work various shifts as necessary.
- Able to work inside and outside, in all weather conditions.
- Able to perform heavy manual labor for extended periods of time.
- Able to define and troubleshoot problems.
- Able to use computers.
- Able to communicate well with others.
- Able to identify, communicate, and solve issues.
- Able to work safely and complete tasks with minimum supervision.
- Will work in conjunction with the Erie County Highway Department, Erie County Sheriff’s Department, and Village of Berlin Heights Maintenance Department.
Berlin Township Road Superintendent
Berlin Township Trustees