22.0 Statement of Purpose
The I-1 District is designed to provide for a mixed light industrial, office and commercial district which will provide services to the motoring public and to the adjacent industrial districts when provided as a part of an industrial park. This zoning designation will generally be located along state highways and arterial roads which provide good visibility for the proposed uses.
- Processing of semi-manufactured products
- Assembly of manufactured products
- Wholesale distribution centers
- Office buildings
- Data processing centers
- A bank
- A restaurant
- Commercial or technical schools or training centers
- Research and development facilities
- Merchandise service shops
- Motels and hotels
- Specialized commercial uses including plumbing, electrical and building supply shops
- Fraternal and athletic clubs
- Places of assembly
- Light machinery, truck and automobile rentals
- Automobile dealership
The following uses shall be permitted by the Township Zoning Board of Appeals pursuant to Article 9, subject to the conditions imposed herein:
- Retail Sales Outlets subject to the following:
- Retail Outlets should be incorporated into planned commercial shopping centers which would integrate the design and dimension of structures, parking areas and access points with those of existing uses.
- The grouping of retail outlets together and controlling access points onto arterial roads will minimize the potential conflicts with through traffic.
For all uses permitted in the I-1 District, a site plan shall be submitted to the Township Zoning Board of Appeals for its review and recommendations. The Board of Appeals in its review of the site plan, shall have regard to the provisions of Section 28.21. The Commission may require certain modifications in terms of the location of buildings, parking and driveways and may require screening and landscaping techniques to minimize potential nuisance problems with adjoining districts or uses or to lessen the transmission of noise from the public street system. A site plan must be submitted in accordance with provisions of Article 28, Section 28.19.
Screening or buffering in compliance with the provisions of Article 28. A minimum of a one hundred (100) foot buffer shall be provided adjacent to Residential Districts.
a. Minimum Area: 1 acre
b. Minimum Frontage: 150 feet
c. Minimum Front Yard: 50 feet
d. Minimum Side Yard: 10 feet
e. Minimum Rear Yard: 20 feet
f. Minimum Setback for Corner Lots: 50 feet
g. Maximum Height: 40 feet
No principal building, accessory building or parking areas, loading or maneuvering areas shall be located less than one hundred (100) feet from the boundary of any residential zone.
As specified in Article 30.
As specified in Article 31.
- No accessory building shall be used for human habitation.
- No accessory building shall be located between the street line and any setback line established by this Resolution.
- No accessory building shall be located in any side yard required by this Resolution.
- No accessory building shall be located within two (2) feet of any lot line, except that two adjoining property owners may erect an accessory building with a common party wall.
- No accessory building shall cover more than ten (10%) percent of the lot area.
- Odor: The emission of obnoxious odors of any kind shall not be permitted.
- Gases, Smoke, Dust, Dirt and Fly Ash: The emission of gases, smoke, dust, dirt and fly ash shall in no manner be unclean, destructive, unhealthful, hazardous or deleterious to the general welfare. Such emission shall be in strict conformance with all applicable State and County health laws as pertaining to air pollution and smoke abatement.
- Fire and Safety Hazards: The storage and handling of flammable liquids, liquefied petroleum gases and explosives shall comply with all regulations of the Township Fire Department and with all State rules and regulations. Further, all storage tanks for flammable liquid materials above ground shall be located not less than one hundred fifty (150) feet from all property lines and shall be completely surrounded by earth embankments, dikes or other type of retaining wall which will contain the total capacity of all tanks so enclosed.
Bulk storage tanks of flammable liquids below ground shall be located not closer to the property line than the greatest depth to the bottom of the buried tank.
- All uses of land except as herein provided shall take place within a wholly enclosed structure, except that this shall not be construed to include the parking of motorized vehicles.
- An area not to exceed ten (10%) percent of the lot may be for the purpose of storing manufactured products and materials awaiting processing provided such area is completely enclosed by a solid fence with no apertures of a height equal to the height of the highest point of stored materials and products.