COMMERCIAL RECREATION DISTRICT
20.0 Statement of Purpose
To provide a commercial recreation district in appropriate locations to encourage planned development of the waterfront and recreational facilities of the community. Boathouses and associated residential communities should develop as a Planned Unit Development.
In all C-3 Districts no person shall use any building, structure or land and no person shall erect any building or structure except in accordance with the following provisions:
- Marina, including sales of gasoline, oils and accessory parts, service of boats and motors, docking and berthing space and supporting facilities to dry dock and store boats and motors when not in use.
- Retail and service uses when primarily accessory to the marina, which may include, but is not limited to a restaurant, cocktail lounge, marine parts and recreation equipment, such as aqualungs, water skis and similar recreation equipment.
- Hotel and/or motel either separately or in conjunction with a marina.
- Marine sales and service.
- Golf courses.
The following uses shall be permitted by the Township Board of Zoning Appeals pursuant to Article 9.
1. Seasonal residences, provided they are connected to a public supply of water and are tied into public sanitary sewer system or other means of disposal of sanitary effluent as approved the by County Board of Health to insure that pollutants will not get into the waterways of Erie County.
2. Amusement park.
3. Horse racing track
a. Minimum Area: 250 acres
b. Must have access to State Highway system (adjacent
to state system)
c. Must be located as not to negatively impact an existing residential neighborhood
d. No principal building, accessory building, no parking areas, loading or maneuvering areas shall be located less than five hundred (500) feet from the boundary of any residential zone.
4. Riding academies and stables
6. Open amusement
7. Off Road Vehicle Race Track
a. Applicants shall provide the Zoning Inspector with a site plan as specified under Article 28.9
b. Refer to the conditions of an Off Road Vehicle Race Track under Article 9.45.
A site plan must be submitted in accordance with the provisions of Article 28, Section 28.19.
To assist in the prevention of the transmission of light and noise from within any commercial district into any abutting residential district, screening shall be required where such district abuts or in contiguous to any residential district, without an intervening alley or other public way. Such screening shall be provided within the commercial district, but not within a public street or alley, along the entire contiguity of said districts. Screening shall be of opaque or translucent materials resistant to deterioration by natural causes, or it shall be of such plant materials as will provide a year round evergreen screening. Screening as provided herein, shall not be less than six (6) feet in height, shall be provided from the grade of the property upward and shall be permanently maintained.
Screening or buffering must also be in compliance with the provisions of Article 28, Section 28.18.
a. Minimum Area: 1 acre
b. Minimum Frontage: 150 feet
c. Minimum Front Yard 25 feet
d. Minimum Side Yard: 10 feet
e. Minimum Rear Yard: 25 feet
f. Minimum Setback for Corner Lots: 25 feet
g. Maximum Height: 40 feet
As per Article 30.
As per Article 31.