12.0 Statement of Purpose
The Conservation/Recreation District is designed to encourage the development of land for “open space” recreational activities or preserve natural resources; a secondary purpose is that of protecting the public health, safety, comfort and welfare and reducing financial burdens imposed on the community and its individuals by restricting the use of those areas in the township which may be subject to periodic flooding or which constitute water retention or recharge areas. This district is not intended to encourage retail commercial operations.
Land located in the CR District shall be used for the following purposes only:
- Agriculture, including incidental agricultural structures.
- Botanical gardens and arboretums.
- Forest preserves, wildlife reservations and ecological sanctuaries.
- Parks and playgrounds.
- Zoological gardens.
- Accessory uses and buildings, incidental to and on the same zoning lot as a principal use, as follows:
- Agricultural buildings and structures.
- Administration buildings or field houses.
The following conditional uses may be allowed, subject to Article 9:
- Cultural facilities, including: libraries, museums and similar cultural institutions.
- Educational facilities.
- Golf courses, tennis centers and similar open recreational activities.
- Municipal facilities.
- Nurseries, for the growing and sale of trees and shrubbery.
- Accessory uses and buildings, incidental to and on the same lot as a principal use.
- Recreational and social facilities.
No permitted or conditional use shall be allowed in this district which is not provided with at least two (2) acres of lot area and two hundred (200) feet of lot width.
No building or structure in the CR district shall be located closer than fifty (50) feet from any property line.
No building or structure shall exceed thirty (30) feet in height.
As specified in Article 30.
As specified in Article 31.
For all uses permitted in the CR District, a site plan shall be submitted in accordance with the provisions of Article 27, Section 27.19.
Screening or buffering in compliance with the provisions of Article 27, Section 27.18